homestead - Re: [Homestead] National news

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] National news
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:48:01 -0400

I thought the whole article was interesting..
It wasn't about the population at large protesting our involvement,,,no student demonstrations on campuses or anything like that,no pressure from protesting crowds overseas,,,no, it was Nancy Pelosi who was pictured with Bush, making this a political, Democrats vs. Republicans issue (like there needs to be another one)
I don't like Bush, don't get me wrong, but this is a good example of how no matter what a president does, he's screwed.
If we go, then the Democrats add that to his list of faults, if we stay home, then he's a lame duck trying to make some kind of statement...either way, it will be spinned against the president.
I just thought it was interesting that this article specifically points to a Democratic push to boycott, not public opinion or world peer pressure. We may, in the end, boycott the opening as a compromise, who knows, but I can tell you this: No matter what, there will be a negative spin on it, that's just the way the media works.

Bev

paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
I'd like to do it the other way, please. Keep our athletes at home and give them national attention for getting this far, and send the Chinese Bush. You know what happened to the guy who was nominally responsible for the melamine thing. The 5 cent solution, is what.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky