homestead - Re: [Homestead] Growing Good Stuff to Eat

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Growing Good Stuff to Eat
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:59:47 -0400

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:37 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> Do you work them? I have three....one very very good working dog, one
> useless Barbie Collie, and a young hooligan who is progressing slowly.

There were two BC's that came with the farm, the female died 7 years ago.
The male is now 10. Our 'new' female BC is 4 this month and I'm sorry to say
neither has been a working BC. We had chickens for several years that were
allowed to roam all over the place. Both dogs, but mostly the female, tried
to 'herd' the chickens--which usually resulted in chasing a bird that was
running away from the big dog. Now we don't have any poultry (though we're
reconsidering) so they go after deer. That's the long answer.

The short answer is "No."

Lisa