homestead - Re: [Homestead] Was Video about Obama

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Was Video about Obama
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 04:58:31 -0700

On Mar 31, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Bunjov AT aol.com wrote:

We are genuinely worried about an influx of people from LA, to the South,
and Las Vegas, to the North, should a major disaster occur.

This has been an oft-expressed fear for the thirty or forty years I have from time to time been reading survivalist books and articles. I think the fear is unfounded. Freeways would quickly be plugged with out-of-gas, flat-tired, crashed vehicles. When people panic it ain't pretty. Macho types with 4WD trucks think they will just drive around the freeways. Wrong. Look at a map. Rivers, overpasses, chain-link fences, mountains, and, yes, armed bands will make it nigh impossible to drive very far out of a disaster area.

Imagine your worst-case scenario. Now figure out how you can handle it or accept it. Then live without fear.