homestead - Re: [Homestead] Review - The Open Road: The Global Journey of the Fourteenth ...

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Review - The Open Road: The Global Journey of the Fourteenth ...
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:31:53 -0400

Once you figure it out it's ok to move on. I'd rather you kept figuring it out. Hell, the coffee and your Pepsis alone knock us out of enlightenment, I'm sure. So hush yourself and just keep on. Besides, talk about brain washed, really. Did he ever have a choice but to be settled?

*ducking*

I heard an interview on NPR with Pico Iyer about this book. Iyer
mentioned that the Dalai Lama was 72, which is my age as I write this.
I was suddenly struck by the overwhelming thought that I had become
this old with my spiritual values still unsettled.