homestead - Re: [Homestead] Patching the hell hole

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Patching the hell hole
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:28:36 -0400

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 7:48 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Well, when we finally moved
> the cast iron tub, lo and behold, there it was, our very own common
> ordinary hellhole in the floor. We could see the pipes and the dirt in
> the crawlspace below. It was nasty-looking, directly out of a horror
> flick. Floor and subfloor gone, joint partially rotted...SCARY.

Glad the tub never fell through the floor with one of you in it, that would
have been a scarier experience.

We know some people in our county who had a kitchen floor in their old
farmhouse fall into the root cellar one day. They weren't home at the time.
Walked in the house to find the kitchen floor in the root cellar. Big 'A'
Mess.

We wonder about the flooring in a couple of rooms in our house, have done
some bracing and repair work but probably not enough.

> Oh well, it ain't a project if you finish on time...

Not to mention that there's something wrong with people who get things done
on schedule (and under budget). I'm mostly kidding.

Lisa