homestead - Re: [Homestead] Book review strategy

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Book review strategy
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:29:07 -0700

I wrote: My review
is on page 17 of the 22 pages of reviews. This should get you there:

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/0060852550/ref=cm_cr_pr_link_17?%5Fencoding=UTF8&pageNumber=17

At least they put me at the top of the five pages of reviews written
earlier. At the end of my review, if your conscience allows, please
check the box that says it was useful. I hope to get many people to do
this and then see what happens to the position, if anything.

This has been a successful experiment. It took three of you--thank you very much--to cause Amazon's review-evaluation program to move my review from page 17 to page 2. I am astounded. This is a book that was published nearly a year ago. There were already 216 reviews covering 22 pages when I posted mine. To make it to page 2 so fast boggles my mind.