homestead - Re: [Homestead] Book review strategy

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Book review strategy
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:52:07 -0400

My father used to write reviews for Steck Publishing Company in Texas.
It began after he wrote a forward for one of their special printings.
He had also published in Texas before.

I think you need contacts in publishing companies to get the advance
copies, or authors who are your friends and will mail you one of their
advance copies.

Does Writers' Digest carry listings of publishers?
Maybe you could send inquiry letters to some of them.
Include some examples of what you've posted to this list and/or to Amazon.
Of course, brag on yourself about your book.
Best wishes!