homestead - Re: [Homestead] Book review strategy

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Book review strategy
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:25:07 -0700

On Mar 23, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

I've always enjoyed your reviews.

I like that you ask for my 'vote' (or rather, the Homestead members'), in a
polite way and add 'if your conscience allows,' which isn't all out begging
and leaves wiggle room. I'm happy to 'vote' in a positive way for your
well-written review.

Thank you.

Now that I am retired from real estate sales and have discretionary time I am working my way back to writing. Book reviews are good practice.

Homestead list members who appreciate reviews will profit from this endeavor as our interests coincide. So, while I was raised to be modest, self-effacing, and not be pushy, I think this is a win-win deal for members. If I can in fact find a way to get advance reading copies because of my reviews you will have early warning of books that may be of interest.