homestead - Re: [Homestead] Urban Agriculture-continued

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Urban Agriculture-continued
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:28:50 -0800

They used to bring it up from their plant in Mexico. We could specify that's where we wanted the Coke to come from at various times during the year.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:

You want to get a Coke that tastes like they did when we grew up? Go to
Mexico. They still make it the old-fashioned way, NO corn syrup!

I dimly seem to remember that Coke used to use cane sugar around
Passover so they couldl sell it as Kosher for Passover. Last year I
looked and couldn't find it. Perhaps its only available in some
markets or not at all.

Or perhaps I imagined the whole thing.

Not that I drink Coke except maybe occasioinally when I have a really
bad migraine.

Marie