homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Time Capsule (PTC)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Time Capsule (PTC)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:51:39 -0700

On Mar 22, 2008, at 11:36 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

As to the second, I would not say "we need to change the way we change",
'"yes we can", etc. Rather I'd say "You are all doomed! You've made your bed
so prepare to lie in it!" The world as you know it is coming to an end!

Even if the candidates knew and appreciated the truth, they durst not say it.

I do not doubt that many in Congress know very scary facts about impending economic conditions and keep that information secret. There is good reason for that. What percentage of our population do you think could hear the truth and not do stupid things?

I recall Jack Nicholson in some courtroom scene [A Few Good Men?] retorting, with voice rising: "The truth? You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"