homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:40:31 EDT

Gene:"How would you like to be judged as hateful for continuing to
associate with me?"

Gene, come back to a normal reality. As influential as you might imagine
yourself to be, you are NOT running for president. Nor have I heard anyone
on
this list say that you are their mentor, nor have we brought our families and
children to hear you expound religious truth. I don't recall you using any
of
us as the object of a moral lesson or a lesson of social significance.

What does "associate with" you mean, then? The comparison is ridiculous.

>I do not hypnotize easily. I am looking at him hard.

I wouldn't say so. So long as you anc Celia (and the rest of the several odd
million Obamist) continue to offer the sor to weak defense that we all know
people who have said objectionable things and dismiss the signicance of
Obama's
Liberation Theology (and the curious version of it Black Liberation Theology)
background, you are NOT taking a hard look and you do indeed remain in a
state of hypnosis.

>That attack may backfire.

May be. But so far it has had the opposite effect. Obama's appeal has
slipped significantly and the polls show that if the election were held
today,
McCain would win over Obama or Clinton. If that happens, as it well might,
the
people responsible will be those who dismissed a serious objection to Obama
as
president with the very sort of arguments above. McCain's campaign loves
you,
Gene.

I've got a neighbor who on occasion gets inebriated and gets in a fight with
another neighbor. I don't disown him for that. I'm still on friendly terms
with him. But I sure as heck don't want him for president.

Like that, Gene, you have said some hard things (and some ridiculous things)
about Bush. No one would disown you for that, but, sorry to break it to you,
I'm not writing you in for president either.

</HTML>