homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gentle Reminder

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gentle Reminder
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:51:01 -0400

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Lisa K.V. Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
wrote:

> You (and Gene) had some good advice. I'm still in process w/ our photos. I
> remember your brush w/ fire, at least the second one.

I hit the wrong key, didn't mean to send the message before I cleaned it up.

The gentleman that we care for 24/7, his father is a firefighter for the
City of Roanoke. He told us that fires will double in size every 3 minutes.

Our brush with fire was caused by a neighbor's faulty outdoor wood burning
stove that had been worked on earlier that day. My husband took a walk and
followed the smoke to see a line of fire in the woods that looked similar to
a controlled burn. 90 minutes later 30 acres had burned.

Lisa