homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading

  • From: "WF Smith" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 13:14:53 -0500

> Is that how you meant to say it? In both the positive and the
> negative
> uses you have it, "as if the tool [were cutting] is trying to cut
> [off] away a piece of the wheel.

I have always, always, always sharpened by "slicing off a piece of the
stone", or pushing/pulling the knife edge into the sharpening device. When
using files I file into the edge.

I've met many vociferous people who do the opposite and instead of arguing
to convince them otherwise I just ignore them and sharpen my way. Life's
simpler and my tools sharper that way.

Warren