homestead - Re: [Homestead] Viruses

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Viruses
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 23:12:31 -0800

Sounds to me like more fear tactics. One more reason to push for NAIS!

They are playing with numbers. In the areas where the disease was discovered, visiting a doctor is not a first priority and entering a hospital is a last resort. If they don't tell you when treatment was begun, their % are worthless.

This was news to me..I had not heard of these two, perhaps you have, but
I thought I would pass it on. IF there is a bat/pig/horse/human
connection, it would seem that these viruses could easily spread around
the world, and if so, we need to at least know of their existence since
they seem to be pretty deadly.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/spb/mnpages/dispages/nipah.htm

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs262/en/