homestead - Re: [Homestead] Against Hillary

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Against Hillary
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:59:26 -0800

Lynda wrote:

My main problem with Ron Paul is that he idiolises Reagan.

Sounds like a good way to be elected here.

I know he doesn't idolize the police state whose growth began under Reagan.

But on the one big issue, who doesn't, except for the leeches themselves? As long as government employees are setting each other's salary levels, and dictating to us how many government employees it will take to screw in a light bulb, our country will continue to go down the tubes. But this is just one piece of the puzzle, of course. He also understood that individual enterprise had been destroyed, if only so that the leeches could be sure of getting your tax money, and that no one could know what the outcome of this unprecedented experiment in social engineering would be.

Is there another candidate willing to state that NAFTA is an illegal _treaty_ requiring a 2/3 supermajority? And so is GATT. Period. That's why the liawyers called them "agreements", to avoid the T-word.

Reagan believed that anything good for business is good for America. Under that assumption the money was supposed to remain at home, to be reinvested in America. He never understood the bankers' power grab under Wilson in 1913 called the Federal Reserve, or that the Depression was orchestrated to eliminate competition and cheapen the cost of labor, or that insurance companies had been enthroned in the 70's.

Finally we have a candidate who does.

Bill