homestead - [Homestead] herbal pesticide

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] herbal pesticide
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:46:36 -0500

I was doing some reading for work and happened across this page on methyl salicylate, AKA oil of wintergreen, the stuff that gives Ben Gay its aroma.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_salicylate
Anyway, after reading the description, I wondered if anyone had tried making an emulsion of it, using oil of wintergreen or even Ben Gay itself and spraying it on their plants. Note that it actually attracts pollinating bees, too.
Just wondering...
Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.

  • [Homestead] herbal pesticide, EarthNSky, 12/11/2007