homestead - Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story

  • From: Melody Oliphant <melody AT feedngrow.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:37:53 -0700

KNat wrote:
Lynda wrote:
Guess that would be me ~~shrugs~~ Critters come up and "talk" all the time. Drives DH and the kidlets up the wall.
LOL I've always had the same thing! My kids used to roll their eyes in embarrassment like others might think that their family is weird somehow.
Til one took a tracking course and they offered a free course at the next level if someone touched a deer. My daughter is reported to have asked if she could do it after her mother came and/or get credit if her mother did it. The staff were really attentive when I came to pick her up. :-)

Kathyann
I have always loved animals, but nothing as impressive has happened to me as it has to you two. BUT, I was at the zoo yesterday with my kids and a spider monkey climbed its tree and came and stood on the window sill to view me and the kidlets better. The monkey kept looking over the top of the kids' heads to where I was. The kids noticed and moved away so that the monkey could see me better. I did the "Oh you are so cute!" thing and kissed the air at it. The monkey tried to pucker up to kiss back! I did it again, and so did the monkey! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. It totally made my day!

Melody