homestead - Re: [Homestead] Roasted Peanuts

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Roasted Peanuts
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:03:56 -0500

> Has anyone ever home-roasted peanuts and further, have you ever seasoned
> them? If so, how?

Home roasting is easy. I just put them in a pan or what ever I have in
a 325 or so oven. Depends on how many you have or how thickly they are
stacked on how long. Stir them around once or twice because the
outside ones cook faster.

Once you start to smell roasted peanuts, they are about right. I
usually take a couple out, cool them fast and test them.

I think that boiled are superior, but do like the pre seasoned ones.
I'll be looking into how to do that. My peanut crop failed with the
drought. Got just enough for seed next year.

Rob - Va