homestead - Re: [Homestead] New rock (for me) found

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New rock (for me) found
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:11:05 -0600

Wikipedia states:
"Tufa is the name for an unusual geological form of calcite rock.

"Tufa is a rough, thick, rock-like calcium carbonate deposit that forms by precipitation from bodies of water with a high dissolved calcium content. Tufa is not to be confused with tuff which is volcanic."

I know of no igneous rock here; everything is sedimentary. But I guess it could be tufa.