homestead - Re: [Homestead] New rock (for me) found

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New rock (for me) found
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 07:59:12 -0600

Oops--Obviously I'm confusing tuff with tufa (I'm a botanist, not a geologist). I've seen volcanic (tuff) rock in my travels in New Mexico that fits the lightweight and color description of your rock. Looks like tufa is more related to travertine and karst and is found in the Missouri Ozarks, but I don't know that it matches your description. Let us know if you discover what it is.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:11:05 -0600