homestead - Re: [Homestead] Southern California fires

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Southern California fires
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:57:16 -0800

That looks like most of the rivers and waterways around here. Good
canoeing landscape, but how far away from the creek do the trees extend?

***Depends. They use to go quite a ways from the creeks but the land is rich and the corporate farms have infringed on the forests in a lot of the areas and now all remains is a relatively narrow strips.

Cool. I would not have guessed that that was in No Cal. It reminds me
of coastal GA, FL, or the Carolinas.

***One of the kidlets' favorite places to go. We lived about 12 miles from it before we moved. The local bird count around there numbers somewhere around 400+ and during spring and fall it is amazing.