homestead - Re: [Homestead] Oil prices

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Oil prices
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:21:09 -0500

On 10/18/07, Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> The fall of the dollar has a direct direct affect on the price of oil to
> us. Oil has been priced in dollars for years but with the fall, oil
> producing countries are moving away. They have no real confidence in our
> economy.

No kidding. The huge sell off of US Treasuries should have been a
wake-up call. The *Chinese* were dumping US Treasuries, and I've
always figured they would hang on to them to prop us their US market.
But maybe not.

> ..... Our gun happy
> administration is not helping at all, one observer said that the day you
> hear that Iran was attacked is the day when oil will reach $100.

Oh, I think once the shooting starts with Iran, $100 will be the
bottom. Who knows where the top will be.

Marie