homestead - Re: [Homestead] Howard Zinn: On July 4, Put Away the Flags

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Howard Zinn: On July 4, Put Away the Flags
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:15:51 -0400

On 7/5/07, Jerry W. Shepperd <shepperd AT austincc.edu> wrote:

Zinn is one of my favorite historians, and one cannot take him
lightly.

For lovers of Zinn, here's a great documentary movie that we recently
watched and was worth renting.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Howard_Zinn_You_Can_t_Be_Neutral_on_a_Moving_Train/70031935?strkid=266866664_1_0
*Howard Zinn: You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train* (2004)
Author of the pivotal *A People's History of the United States*, historian
and activist Howard Zinn has been at the forefront of progressive thought in
America for decades. Through archival materials, interviews with Noam
Chomsky, Marian Wright Edelman, Daniel Ellsberg, Tom Hayden and Alice
Walker, and commentary from Zinn himself, this documentary chronicles the
influential thinker's inspiring commitment to social change. Matt Damon
narrates.
*Starring:* Matt Damon, Howard Zinn ...
*Director:* Deb Ellis
*Genre:* Documentary