homestead - [Homestead] Conspiracy Theory or Fact

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Conspiracy Theory or Fact
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:42:59 -0800

O.K., I knew I'd kept the e-mail. Don't know if Toni will remember it or
not, but we were both on the same list where this was discussed back in the
2002 or 2003.

So, you think there is a gas shortage? Well, the one *type* of gas shortage
is manufacturered! I didn't say anything when the thread was going but now
that I've found the old post and can name names, here's some facts about
natural gas that begs the lies about running out and there not being price
gouging!

"Just a heads up on the new proposed natural gas bills in Cal. Mountain
Fuel and P.G.&E. are saying that their nat. gas is getting tight..............

Ask them about "Bastard Butte", Scotty Lake and the "Honeycomb" wells that
were drilled in '79, '80, and '81, then 'shut in' to keep the price up?
Bastard Butte alone, at that time, had enough PSI natural flow to keep the
city of Denver going for 18 1/2 yrs. Scotty Lake took almost two months to
shut in because the gas was so pressurized and they had to double frac it to
close it down. These are all wells my DH was the foreman on for Davis Oil
of Denver and Home Petroleum out of Calgary, Canada. There are at least 6
more that I can remember, and DH would know the rest. We are being held
hostage by the gas and electric co.s. The Govt won't put up with it from
foreign oil co.'s, but allows it with domestic. They also have monopolies,
which are supposed to be illegal, according to the ppl who sued Gates. BTW
these wells are all in Sweetwater Co., Wyo. There are more in the four
corners area and the Evanston, Wyo. area, that our #1 son is keeping an eye
on for a production co. he works for."

So, just like the *supposed* energy crisis in California which was a political manuever that went south, the high price of all those things that come from natural gas are being inflated and the cry of "we're running out, so it's a precious commodity we have to conserve and charge you so much for" is just another crock!