homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate change perspective

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate change perspective
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:07:25 -0800

One wonders if they checked the White Mountain Bristle Cone Pines (8,000 years) and the Mojave King Clone creosote bush (aged at 11,700 years) to verify their findings.

Of course, a lot of folks don't like the Bristle Cones and cresote bush because they totally refute the great flood myth.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

One of the many subjects currently raising the temperature of tempers
is global warming. One reads what one reads, makes a conclusion,
stakes out a position and the fight is on. One must always be aware
that tension is a robber of health. So just cool it. Earth's
temperature has been rising and falling since, well, since Earth
became Earth, and before, since Earth really did not become Earth
until it was declared so by homo sapiens, one of Earth's newest
inventions. Seems to me that we should expect climate change as we
expect most other facts of life to change. Rather than get in a
dither about who is right and who is simply making money out of
pontificating, one profits most when one adopts the mindset of
expecting and preparing for change.