homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate change perspective

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate change perspective
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 03:06:46 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:
One of the many subjects currently raising the temperature of tempers is global warming. One reads what one reads, makes a conclusion, stakes out a position and the fight is on. One must always be aware that tension is a robber of health.
I am privileged to share life with a co-student who is an autistic child. Her use of human language inspires me. She uses a known part of thought to address another part, due to an inherent belief life is fractal (which often feels simpler to me.) Perspective is all. Much like the choice to focus on the weed, or the desired plants around it, or the nutrient flow through the group, or the views of other animals that may have different desires, in searching for balanced sustainability. Discussion of late on several of my Internet groups has been whether focusing on planetary dieoff is necessary, a waste of time, or destructive.

Clarifying questions from herself (unanswered):
Is it looking at the dark?
Do they think they can see dark? Dark isn't!
Are they measuring the light around the dark to see how big it is? Why?
Are they reflecting light into the dark to see if some thing's stuck there?

We're light together. I think we should shine everywhere not just in dark places.

Works for me.
Peace,
Kathyann