homestead - [Homestead] The wrath of 2007: America's great drought

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] The wrath of 2007: America's great drought
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:51:23 -0500

Rob sent a link to a very informative article on the drought in the Midwest. Other parts of the US are also experiencing drought of epidemic proportions. However, we want to move my 94 year old Mother-in-law in with us, and we need to modify the roofline and back of the house to accommodate a handicap bathroom, but have not been able to do anything other than dig a couple of deep holes in the ground, because we have had too much rain. We are moving into the normally dry season, so maybe we will get the job done this summer.

Jerry Shepperd

London Independent
The wrath of 2007: America's great drought

By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles

Published: 11 June 2007

America is facing its worst summer drought since the Dust Bowl years of the Great Depression. Or perhaps worse still.