homestead - Re: [Homestead] A no fruit year...<sigh>

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A no fruit year...<sigh>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:15:13 -0400

It got into the upper 20s here Sunday night, Bev.
I don't believe it was quite that cold here last night. But there was frost
on the grass at about 8 this morning.

Lots of stuff was in bloom here but the apples were not yet.
I just walked up the drive way and did not see dead blooms but they may not
really be showing up yet.

The peaches definitely got hit at the peak of their bloom. I don't know if
the blackberries had bloomed yet.

Water is critical here also. The fore cast is for rain tonight and
tomorrow, and we're looking forward to it! Husband suffers from trigeminal
neuralgia and all the pollen has made it miserable for us all. The head
congestion apparently triggers his nerve spasms.
Lynn