homestead - Re: [Homestead] CS, Outsourcing, and McAfee product support OT

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] CS, Outsourcing, and McAfee product support OT
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:06:11 -0800

Hey, you could have gotten a Dell. I did and it took SIX WEEKS to get them to take it back. Why you ask did I want to send it back? Because they are selling reconditioned used equipment as new equipment! Then they tell you you only have 21 days to return the machine. I called on the 22nd day. They tell me they won't take back the machine but will replace it. So, they send me a new machine and a DHL slip to return the first machine. Then I can return the second machine if I call within 21 days after the second machine arrives. What a waste of time and money. I turned them in to the State Attorney General's Office! Plus, when they finally decided to call me back it was 5:45 AM! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

So, I'm back to the old machine and crawling on the net. However, I'm going to take another older machine and try Endora (is that the right name for it?) since it won't make any difference as I'm not using it anyway and its only problem was Microsoft problems.

I thought I would relay this here as I am sure you can all relate. This
is copied and pasted from a chat window, a conversation I had last night
with McAfee customer service. I have edited out my last name and phone
number, but otherwise the conversation stands as written. I am about
ready to scream.