homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wind forecasting

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wind forecasting
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:49:26 -0500

Thanks Warren..I guess everything comes from them anyway..
Usually, when I HAVE to have info, I go to the aviation sites and
decipher from there..lol..they have info out to 5 or 6 days, but it just
takes so long to figure it out. I just wanted something quick and easy..
I did find a site or two hosted for RC hobby aircraft, hanggliding and
the like..but they don't usually have the long range stuff.

Warren wrote:
Bev, start here: http://www.noaa.gov/

I don't think wind forecasting is a very exact science. You may find
a lot of information for coastal and marine areas, but most of the
work inland is devoted to forecasting winds aloft.

I find a windsock to be the best indicator, and take it a day at a
time.

Warren