homestead - [Homestead] Wind forecasting

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Wind forecasting
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:26:29 -0500

I am looking for a source of wind forecasts. I generally use
wunderground for weather, but for long range forecasts, I use
accuweather, which extends out to 15 days. For my location, Intellicast
is more accurate than Accuweather, but it only extends out 10 days into
the future. The problem is, that while each of those sites has wind
maps, nothing really forecasts the wind. I am always left to guessing
at what the wind will be like beyond 3 or 4 days. Knowing wind
conditions long range would be very useful to me. It would allow me to
plan burning, plan when to reroof the greenhouse, when to transplant,
etc. Does anyone use a weather site that has wind forecasts beyond 3 or
4 days?

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.