homestead - Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:21:02 -0500

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

The point is lack of good sleep can really cut down on the quality of
life so taking medicine can be the better option. Van Dell

Lunesta is the first thing I've felt comfortable using. It's
non-addictive and approved for long term use, unlike other meds like
Ambien, etc. I can take 3 or 4 Benadryls and get to sleep, but the way
I wake up makes it almost not worth it. The same is true with
melatonin..it puts me to sleep, but I don't sleep well and wake up with
dry mouth, groggy, etc. Lunesta is the first thing that doesn't cause
any after effects, but that works within a few minutes of taking it, the
way a sleeping pill should. I usually take a Lunesta, play a game or two
of solitaire on the computer, and head off to bed 10 minutes later.
I've been taking Lunesta off and on for about 2 years now, and it's
still working for me. I went back on it so that I could start moving my
sleep schedule to prepare for going back to work. I sleep really sound
on it, and it is the first medication that I have ever taken, in my
whole life, that actually gives me a good night's restorative sleep, and
that's important with RA-you have to have time for the swelling to
subside. My only guilt comes in the expense of the drug. Insurance
doesn't pay for it totally. I figure it is costing me somewhere between
$2 and $4 a night, but how much is a good night's sleep worth for total
health, mental and physical? I'm not sure I could work a day job
without it. I'm not one of those people who can "adjust" to a schedule,
even after a year or more of working one. I know that most here don't
like medications of any sort, and I am the same, but sometimes you
really need some things to prevent other things. I have three such
drugs...Lunesta, Enbrel, and Synthroid. They give me back my quality of
life.

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.