homestead - Re: [Homestead] storm of the century - was Signs of Spring

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] storm of the century - was Signs of Spring
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:56:07 -0500

> LOL, yup, that's the one, March 13, 1993, the Storm of the Century.

I vividly remember that one.We lived in Philadelphia and had feet of snow
and no electricity for days. It took almost a week for them to clear the
sidestreets where we lived enough to get our cars out. I was 9 months
pregnant with my son and wondering if I should read up on home deliveries.
My husband ran off to 'save the world' and work on snow emergencies at
work (he actually slept at work and didn't come home for two or three
days), leaving me home alone to shovel the sidewalk and sit in the dark
(now why'd I divorce him?). My son was finally born March 20, and enough
snow had been cleared by then to get to the Birth Center with no problem,
but it was worrisome for a while.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA