homestead - [Homestead] Welding was:Wastefulness

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Welding was:Wastefulness
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:35:47 -0800

At 2/23/2007, you wrote:
I can't recommend strongly enough getting an autodarkening welding
helmet. They're down to 50 bucks or so new - so you should be able to
find one for less by looking around.

They make welding infinitely easier.

Do they. I paid more than that for mine several years ago and do not regret the expense. At the time I knew the people at the welding supply and they gave me an education for a Hobart AD helmet. I really want one of the variable units but everything is in storage so no welding for me.

The other day I looked at an old Post Office electric delivery vehicle. It looks like it would be fun to restore and drive around. It will need welding as the battery tray is rotted off and the steering has to be moved to the other side.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.