homestead - [Homestead] Unpreparedness, part deux<g>

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Unpreparedness, part deux<g>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 00:50:54 -0500

Idiots are everywhere..
Was just watching the news...top story was hype for the ice storm,
showing people stocking up, rushes on the Home Depot, the grocery
stores, the salt trucks, the flight delays..standard storm coverage..
at the end of the report, there was a guy coming out of HD, pushing a
buggy talking about how he had been through ice storms before and how he
was stocking up this time and planned to stay warm..lol
Okay, I know, I am unprepared this time so I really shouldn't be making
fun of others, but in this dudes buggy were 3 boxes...electric
heaters..lol..like that's really gonna help him when the power goes out,
which it always does in an ice storm..lol.

And speaking of unprepared...
I meant to say this in my other post..
It just goes to show you that no matter how many homestead jobs you get
done, there are always 4 or more that don't get done. When there's only
two adults on a homestead and no kids, and one of those works off the
homestead, the other one, in this case, me, just can't keep up with
everything. If I spend my time planting, I am not chopping wood and
in town, and of course, it I was working to afford gasoline for the
generator, I wouldn't be able to keep a garden. So I offer this as
advice for anyone who is maybe 30 with small kids, stuck on the fence in
some city or in suburbia, if you really want to homestead, do it now
while you are young and the kids can help.

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.