homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gloria's seed loss?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gloria's seed loss?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:23:16 -0600

On 1/11/07, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
I use those little wax paper mini-envelopes for stamps. I then put them in
those metal tins one gets at Christmas. I have some little rectangular ones
and the "envelopes" sit in there like a mini-file cabinet.

I know that everyone on this list is healthy and drug, of the
pharmaceutical variety, free. However, if you have an old auntie on
diuretics, her pill bottles make a nice container for small seeds.
They are brown and have screw-on lids. Also, they are plastic and
don't break (and while a rodent could chew into them they likely
won't).

I used to be able to confiscate all the large popcorn tins at work,
but more and more people are finding out how good they are for pet
food storage, so there is competition.

Marie