homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gloria's seed loss?

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gloria's seed loss?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:19:40 -0600

Thanks, Toni!

I think all the varieties that I lost are still commercially
available, thank goodness! But who knows when a beloved variety will
vanish from the marketplace? I'd hate like the devil to have a loss
like that and then discover that the last supplier went out of
business! Our choices seem more limited each year. My lost heirloom
seeds were Arkansas Traveler tomatoes, Bloody Butcher corn, and
Hutterite Soup beans. My others were OPs, but not heirlooms. I'd saved
them in paper envelopes for easy identification. I won't make that
mistake again!

Gloria