homestead - Re: [Homestead] Longevity and genetics

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Longevity and genetics
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 11:45:52 -0700

Anyway, I don't want to go down the genetics road
again so I won't continue on this..I think I have learned my lesson. :)

In my view, Wonder Woman is unintimitable.

I muse that I tread too, um, what's the antonym of softly? Firmly, I guess. I have strong beliefs based on a lot of living and paying attention and thinking. Many members of this class have the same.

This is a good time to say something about belief, whose sister is truth. We all have our unique beliefs. We hold to them because they are necessary for us to go forward. They are based on all that we have known and done. One of the few differences Tvo and I had was about war. It took me time to understand that his belief about the need for violence in Iraq was founded on his participation in same during WWII. For one to perform, one must believe. He performed, he believed, and to now change belief might well have caused pain over past performance.

One of my beliefs is that we humans have far greater power than we now think we have. Understanding our awesome human selves will take far longer than our present lifetimes. Knowledge once held to be fact is now discredited. It is uplifting and upsetting at once. It is now a daily challenge to balance all we have come to know with the plethora of new information.

So back to genetics. I hold to my belief because it sustains me. I believe that my belief in that and many other things can cause me to overcome ordinary obstacles to a long and productive life.

So hold to your beliefs. As long as you profit thereby.