homestead - Re: [Homestead] What is it and what can I do with it

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What is it and what can I do with it
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:08:42 -0500

I thought it would make a great place for starting poultry in warm weather
(just a tad warmer than the entire month of December has been) after they
were a couple weeks old and you need a temporary space to contain them for
the next several weeks. You'd have to keep something on the bottom, but you
mentioned you've put hay in it before. It's tall enough they couldn't get
out, but you'd have to put something on top to keep them safe from other
critters.

We have something remotely similar that was given to us and it's a compost
bin in our garden. Yours sounds like it's better made than ours and the wire
is closer together.

Lisa