homestead - Re: [Homestead] happy New Year to all

  • From: FranksFarm AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] happy New Year to all
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:33:59 EST

Hi,

Just wanted to wish everyone on the list- especially you old timers:) like
me a very healthy and Happy New Year!

I try to keep up with the postings, but I'm often swamped with all the lists
I'm on:)

This recent thread about the unending tasks, and the sheer enormity of some
when you own a good deal of acreage contains some real good advice:)

Stuff city folk really need to comprehend prior to the move to the country:)

We often start out with such hopes, so many projects. But soon we realize
that each task often requires you to complete several others for which you do
not
have the resources, machines, labor, etc., to complete.

After a while you realize you must compromise, and do what you can, and don't
worry about all those lovely projects you'd like to do, but haven't.

If you have nearby friends, and family who are willing to come over and work
on such projects you are truly blessed. It sure does make the projects easier
to accomplish, and more fulfilling.

However, many of us who have moved to the country don't have that option:)

Best to all. Frank in KY