homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:21:40 -0500

Greetings, Gene and the List!
I heartily agree with lifestyle choices and intention, after seeing
the last generation in my family go down early, while those before lived
into their 90's in very functional style. Since i moved my family away
from the California comforts and into an uninsured lifestyle where we
work to produce most all our vittles - while living a serene life in a
beautiful place, we have not had more than a couple small colds in 6
years. We feel wonderful and enjoy a clean place and rhythm of the
seasons. We are some of the healthiest folk we know with our choices! I
have decided to stop worrying about not having us covered by insurances
anymore, and often tell folk who are quite worried for us that this is
working just fine! To some, this makes me an irresponsible parent! I
also would participate if we had social medical care, such as i observed
in Scotland this Fall....what a wonder that would be for the many who
cannot or will not make lifestyle changes. Also, i have faith in good
intention - a thing that many cannot attain (yet). I liked the attitudes
put forth in the ol' movie, Little Big Man, where the Chief stated that
we all have just so many days in our hand.....and that any good day is a
good day to die ( tho i won't be sitting out in the rain waiting for
such!).

Among several hats i wear, I have been a Massage Therapist for 29 yrs.
focusing on wellness rather than dis-ease. I have a paper i hand out to
those under medical care that gives a different sort of perspective on
self-responsibility. It's header is, How to Use Your Physician as a
Resource (rather than their authority!). Amazing how many people hand
over their lives to another human's decisions....sigh.

Good and interesting topic!
Be Well,
Toni in KY - who thinks that joy is so underated in our well-being ;-)