homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chest candy

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chest candy
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:30:03 -0800

Guess I never mention names <g> At anyrate, his name is Kirk. He said they were told they would ship home in April or May, stay for 11 months and then be shipped back again.

He goes through fits and starts in his reading. He went through a phase where he read all there was to read about WWII. Wanted to know what made all the bad guys tick, so even slogged his way through Mein Kampf. Then it was lawyers and the law. Now it is scifi and he's been reading stuff like Forgotten Rhelms.

I've always heard that it is 99.9% boredom punctuated by 0.1% heart
stopping fear.
Glad to know where he is. What exactly does he do and when is he due
for a trip home?
A good shower is a luxury in wartime, great for mental health and for
feeling human again.
What does he like to read? War type books? History? There are so many
readers here that we can all make recommendations...
Also Lynda, what's his name....you can email me off list if you want..

Bev