homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shopping in a new land

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shopping in a new land
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:36:51 -0500

clhw wrote:

This email is long enough. I could relate the day of the grapes (what my
organism demands, my organism must have), the ripping Russians off grocery
store, and the tales the next Russian (a true Russian) lady told me about
shopping in Russia. If anyone is interested, I can post that. The Russians
make beautiful bread, but I don't know if you want to know about
turkey/goose feathers, and spitting over the bread...

I am TOTALLY interested. That's fascinating!
Please post all the stories.

It reminded me of the flick Moscow on the Hudson where the character played
by Robin Williams defects to the US and when the person he is staying with
sends him to the grocery store to buy coffee, he is faced with dozens of
choices:

Moscow on the Hudson is a good movie. I haven't seen it in years...might be time to search it out for another view.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky