homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: Re: Here and gone again

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: Re: Here and gone again
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:08:57 -0500

4. What can I do or delete to tweak things and
make everything run
quicker? I'm not used to having so many icons
next to the clock.

Start>Run>type "msconfig" >OK

Under startup. You can uncheck things that you dont
want.

I haven't done this yet....something about it scares me...sounds DOSsy....

It's not DOSsy :>) Run msconfing and you will see the window that
opens. You can just cancel it. Under the startup window, you can see
everything that starts when you load windows. It is good way to find
spy ware.

You should also download AdAware or something like it to check for
spyware. I think it is www.lavasoft.com

Rob