homestead - Re: [Homestead] Here and gone again

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Here and gone again
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:54:16 -0800

I didn't see that anyone answer any of your questions. I don't know the answer to #1.

I have 2 of the media players on mine because some things seem to "talk" to Windows Media Player better and some seem to "talk" to Real Player better.

3. Sounds to me like your computer sat in a box for awhile. Once everything is up to date, you won't have much in the line of updates. Just go in and set it to auto updating and tell it when you want it to do it and you won't notice it.

4. Go to Control Panel and then to Taskbar/Start Menu, click on taskbar, then on customize and rearrange what you want in your Taskbar. Mark all those things you don't want to see as "Hide when inactive" and click on the box that says something about hiding stuff that is inactive.

You can also go into the Add or Remove and get rid of all the weird stuff like AOL, etc. that you don't want/need.

5. Don't know the answer to that one either. Sorry.

There was something else I did that told the blooming computer what programs to start when I turned it on and I don't remember what that was. I shut everything off that wasn't necessary and things ran lots faster.

Don, where are you?