homestead - Re: [Homestead] Packard Bell, was (no subject)

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Packard Bell, was (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:43:00 -0400

Ok, Karen and Lynda. I have a question for you. Which Mr. Packard was the
Packard that started Packard electronics? They made test equipment like
signal generators and tracers, calibration equipment and the like? This was
back in the day when Hewlett was a solo act and made some of the best
electrometers, differential chart recorders and other precision equipment
available. I've used some of each.

By the way, I have an HP Tshirt with the smiling mugs of Mr. Hewlett and Mr.
Packard that a co-worker bought me at a trade show as a joke. He was
unfortunate enough to call me one day just as I was boxing up ANOTHER HP
printer to be sent back for service and got an ear-full about HP equipment.
lol

Wendy

No relation between Dave Packard and Packard-Bell.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen L. Black" <karen AT plamondon.com>