homestead - [Homestead] A balanced diet?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] A balanced diet?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:40:46 -0500

An hour or so ago we watched from the kitchen window a flock of thirteen turkeys feeding in the pasture to the northeast of the house. Fun: one was all white. Some slight sound spooked them and they went back to the woods. I just went out to pee and they had come back down even closer to the house. My muse is, why? Why would they feed, in a light rain, in an old pasture full of miscellaneous weeds in amongst the fescue when we are ankle-deep in acorns? Apply your brains; there may be a great answer here.