homestead - Re: [Homestead] computers

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] computers
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:08:58 -0700

At 10/24/2006, you wrote:
What are the disadvantages to a notebook?

Expensive, not easily upgraded, expensive to repair, slightly less reiable.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.
From genegerue AT ruralize.com Tue Oct 24 18:22:36 2006
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:19:44 -0500
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

What are the disadvantages to a notebook?

They cost more. The screen size is typically smaller.

Consider a Mac. My next computer will be a desktop Mac. Virtually no virii. Far fewer crashes due to incomplete development. They cost more and are worth more. The old argument about software availability is no longer an issue; there is more software available than we will ever use. The new Macs are cross-platform compatible.