homestead - Re: [Homestead] L o v i n ' Y o u r R a n c h e t t e

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] L o v i n ' Y o u r R a n c h e t t e
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:06:14 -0400

It's called the Gulf of Mexico, Bill. It streams moisture northward and when that atmospheric moisture hits those fronts that come out of the northwest, the whole east coast gets rain. You don't have a warm gulf streaming moisture, so you don't get that summer rain or all the storms that go with it.

Bev
Also Bill, I live almost as far from Atlanta as you do from Eugene, and as you know, a few hours makes a world of difference.

Bill Jones wrote:

Next stop: When I find the time, I'll go to some weather graphs with a Google Image Search on "monthly rainfall" AND Atlanta, to see how it goes on raining another *2 feet* at Bev's place, after it quits raining altogether here in June.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky