homestead - Re: [Homestead] Getting affairs in order

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Getting affairs in order
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:32:08 -0400

On 10/19/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

>Get a book from the
>library on the subject to make sure you have everything covered, may even
>come with a dvd w/ form. Everything must be in writing and it should be
>notarized. Keep a copy in your file cabinet or other prominent location
>with other household documents, perhaps let your kids have a copy (since
>they are over 18), and perhaps give a copy to a close friend or relative
who
>might be in charge of carrying out your wishes.

Chris and I use a book to make and keep wills and trusts in order. It is
titled: Make Your Own Living Trust, 7th Edition, Nolo Press, 2005.
Includes forms on CD. Very complete.

Btw, wills do not need notarization. They need witnesses.

Yes, that's correct. What I meant, but not what I said. We used the same
book, just couldn't recall the title. My good brain isn't so sharp this
morning...obviously.

Going to spend the majority of the day carving pumpkins w/my son and client
to earn free tickets into the Floyd Fandango Festival this coming weekend.
You all have a great day.

Lisa